At Gedney Church End, we believe mathematics is an important part of children’s development throughout school, right from an early age. We intend on delivering a curriculum which:
- Allows children to be a part of creative and engaging lessons that will give them a range of opportunities to EXPLORE mathematics following a mastery curriculum approach.
- Gives each pupil a chance to BELIEVE in themselves as mathematicians and develop the power of resilience and perseverance when faced with mathematical challenges.
- Recognises that mathematics underpins much of our daily lives and therefore is of paramount importance in order that children ASPIRE and become successful in the next stages of their learning.
- Engages all children and entitles them to the same quality of teaching and learning opportunities, striving to ACHIEVE their potential, as they belong to our school community.
- Makes rich connections across mathematical ideas to develop fluency, mathematical reasoning and competence in solving increasingly sophisticated problems. * Provides equal opportunities for children to apply their mathematical knowledge to other subjects (cross-curricular links).
We use a scheme called White Rose Maths and supplement this with resources from Gareth Metcalfe's 'I See Maths' and nrich.
You can find out more about these programmes and access resources to help you support your child's mathematical development by following these links.