Welcome to Gedney Church End
Helping each other to achieve and soar
We hope that our website will help you to learn a little more about our small learning community, our amazing children, supportive parents, committed teachers and dedicated governors. Together, we offer a creative and forward looking school where inclusion is at the heart of everything we do.
Creativity is very important to us and we have worked hard to ensure that our children encounter a curriculum that provides enrichment and opportunity in equal measure. We understand that children learn best by seeing and doing, but it is the quality of care, guidance and support that enables them to reach their full potential through excellence and enjoyment.
Visits to the school are actively encouraged. You will find a very warm, friendly and professional welcome. We hope to hear from you soon.
Permanent Class Teacher Required
September 2020 (or sooner if possible) - NQTs are welcome to apply.
Closing Date for applications: Monday 24th February 2020 at 12pm
Full details and an application form can be found on our Vacancies page
News and Reminders
School Council Fundraiser
The School Council held a fundraiser to buy some Lego for the classrooms in school. A hot chocolate and sweet treat stand was held after school. A total of £50.38 was raised. A kind donation of £100 was also given from our FOGS which gives us a great £150.38 to spend! Find out more on our Gallery page
Gedney Church End Primary pupils lit up St Mary Magdalene Church with their Christingles and joyful faces. Find out more on our Christingle Gallery page,
Lights Camel Action 2, The Sequin
The children from EYFS, Yr1 & Yr2 performed Lights, camel, action 2 The sequin. This was a modern version of the nativity based on the TV show – Strictly Come Dancing. They performed in the church, which was full to brim with family, friends and children from Lutton St Nicholas all there to watch. They all did extremely well and should be very proud of themselves. We would like to say thank you to Lincolnshire Free Press & Spalding Guardian for the fantastic photos, which you can see on our Gallery page.
The Great Gedney Bake Off
On Friday the chefs from cooking club took part in ‘The Great Gedney Bake Off’. They were allowed to choose what they cooked, but had a time limit of an hour. Each chef was allowed a ‘buddy’ to help them.
It was an absolute pleasure to watch the level of cooperation, concentration and FUN that was demonstrated.
This is what was baked:
- Jack, aided by Flynn baked Cheese and marmite scones
- Ilana, aided by Whitney made smartie cookies
- Keira, aided by Emma made brownies
- Mikey, aided by Logan baked macaroni cheese
- James, aided by Tiago made jam tarts and mini pizzas
- Zac and Ashbie made spaghetti bolognese
- Faith, aided by Chloe made chocolate cookies
- Lauren, aided by Alyssa made cupcakes
- Rowan, aided by Morgan made a lemon cake, complete with icing.
Mr Pearson and Mr Dearlove were asked to judge. It was very difficult to make a decision. Several times, they said that what they had just tasted was a winner, UNTIL they tasted the next thing!
After much tasting and re-tasting, a decision was made.
Our Gedney Bake off winner was Faith - very well done. Her chocolate cookies were sooo gooey and sticky!
But everyone deserves to be congratulated, as the results were fabulous, not only in looks but also in taste. So a very big well done all of you!!!
Our app from OurSchoolsApp gives you new information or news about the school, pushed to your phone. To get the app:
- Using your device (iPad, iPhone, smart pad, tablet or android phone), visit the relevant marketplace for your product (Apple Store or Google Play).
- Search for ‘OurSchoolsApp’ and download the app.
- Once downloaded, use the search bar within the app and enter the postcode or the name of our school.
- Hit the search button.
- Once you see our school name displayed, please select it.
- Confirm your choice by pressing ‘OK’.
- You will now have the school’s app on your device.
[If you get a prompt to turn on notifications/prompt a sync with your calendar, please accept these. This way, you will get the most out of the app.]
Attendance since September
Our class attendance winners for this week are Woodpeckers
Attendance winners – Jaguars
Lunchtime Award Winners